Thursday 18 August 2016

Dear man, you will marry me.


I am sick of scary tales, wounded manes and hurting pains. I have had enough of dating with no wedding bells. I am done waiting to be next in line and fighting for bouquets when you can hand me the ring. I am sick of waiting every night and hoping every morning. Sweetheart, you will marry me. 
After six months of chasing me, five years of bedding me and about two of cheating on me; I stayed waiting, praying for that damned piece of a diamond. I am done being the mother of your dead children, I want to fill my own backyard with bursting baby giggles. I am done waiting for you to wake up and take me home when I can walk right over to your mother and be like,'Hey mom I'm the one'. 

 

I am done being the only one at the party being introduced as 'friend’. I am tired of being just another mediocre story not having made the MRS. Cut while playing the relationship card. I am dying for my fairy tale, of princess dresses and toasting champagne. You will marry me for I cannot do this anymore. Honestly at this point in my life, I do not mind wether it will be a diamond, copper or plain steel ring, just pop the damn question! Who wants to be old and grey all alone? Lurking in the realms of sad excuses of men who are not strong enough to claim commitment.

 
 On behalf of approximately the better percentage of women out there playing wife for men who do not even know their second name; wake up and smell the coffee. Dear men, we did not come into this world to play hearts and darts with you. From the word go, if you are not interested in seeing us as the mother of your children and future Mrs, please keep off.  If you're only here for the better prime, make it clear. I am personally, tired of hearing heartbreaking tales of men who did not have the balls to put a ring on it. I mean, with all the freebies in the world why me?

Just so we're clear, 32 probably is not the right time to start thinking and wandering in what options I had ten years ago. Now that we're here you already know the answer is YES! Dear man, get over your commitment fears and meet me at the altar. Don't worry I already made up my mind on the music, dress and flowers! Of course, I love you too. 
 

21 comments:

  1. Amen sister....Amen all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the read!! These men need to know!

      Delete
  2. I love this article. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome read here..was left hoping it continued..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you found it worth your time.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Let the truth be told! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep calm I'll marry you when the right time comes. Never mistake marriage for an Olympic race, we are not competing. Let's take our time.

    Great readπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at 32, it's definitely an Olympic race...just put a ring on it. Thanks for the read.

      Delete
  7. Keep calm I'll marry you when the right time comes. Never mistake marriage for an Olympic race, we are not competing. Let's take our time.

    Great readπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete